Arts & Music
History & General Interests
A warm welcome to our Live & Learn Bethesda friends, both old and new.
Come join us for our Fall 2016 catalog season. I encourage you to explore your curiosity with our wide array of offerings. No matter where you live, the only requirement is a keen desire to learn. Expand your interests, deepen your knowledge, and be part of a learning community full of diversity, insight, intellectual and cultural stimulation.
Our instructors are selected for their passion and depth of knowledge in their chosen subject areas that devote their time and talents to you. Live & Learn Bethesda is your road map, providing unique and exciting learning experiences as you travel down the road.
A few Highlights from our Fall 2016 Catalog:
- Selecting a President: What a Mess - How Did We Get This Way?, presented by James A. Calderwood, Attorney, Convention Delegate, and Activist
- Untangling the Web of the Middle East: Why it’s a Mess and Always Has Been?, presented by Dr. Ori Soltes, Professor, Author
- The Cold War: Law, Lawyers, Spies and Crises, presented by Arthur T. Downey, Author, Attorney, Diplomat
- Kimono as an Attire of Harmony, presented by Kuniko Kanawa, Certified Kimono Consultant, Kimono Model, Certified Shinto Priestess
- Trip to the Baltimore Art Museum and a tour of the Matisse/Diebenkorn exhibition with Art Historian Ann Wiker
We are continuing to expand our student base. If you have taken classes at Live & Learn Bethesda and bring someone new, we will give you a $15 credit to take a future class each time you invite someone new to join us here at LLB.
We invite you to discover the enjoyment of being at Live & Learn Bethesda, where “learning & friendship thrive”. Our classes are open to everyone, no matter where you live.
I look forward to seeing you often this Fall.
- Registration & Website Info
- Registration is now open for Fall classes which start on September 6th. Please visit our registration page to view and register for classes.
- The new Live & Learn Bethesda website was designed by our computer & tech...
- The Compensations of Plunder: Foreign Explorers in Modern China - Tuesday Oct 18th at 10:30 am
- Selecting a President: What a Mess - How Did We Get This Way? - Monday Oct 17th at 1:30 pm
- The Cold War: Law, Lawyers, Spies and Crises - Thursday Oct 20th at 10:30 am
- Her Hat Was in the Ring: Bella Abzug as a Jewish Troublemaker - Wednesday Oct 19th 10:30 am
- Trip to the Baltimore Museum of Art: Kimono & Obi
- Various cultures devoted incredible skills and significant time to the productions of these special textiles of the kimono. The elaborate woven fabrics, are composed of diverse multicolored hand-painted technique, finished with..