Arts & Music
History & General Interests
Welcome to Live & Learn Bethesda's Fall classes. As we continue to observe the Covid-19 restrictions, all of our classes will be held online using the Zoom video conferencing platform. We will not mail a Fall catalog but you can view or print the catalog by clicking the View Catalog button.
All classes will be advertised using our Constant Contact email marketing system. We will continue to send weekly emails that will provide information about upcoming classes. Please be sure to check your emails from Constant Contact for Live & Learn Bethesda class updates, including any schedule changes or new classes.
Registration will continue using our RezClick reservation system. Once you have registered you will receive an email acknowledgement and one day prior to each class that you sign up for you will receive an email with the link to the Zoom webinar.
A few Highlights for our Fall catalog:
- Ori Soltes, Professor of Theology, Philosophy and Art History, Author, will present two lectures titled “Jerusalem: City and Symbol”, and “Love and Strife in Western Literature”.
- Andrée Aelion Brooks, Author, Journalist, Lecturer, will present a series of lectures for this catalog: “Jews and the American Civil War”, “The Incredible story of Dona Gracia Nasi”, and “Jewish Wagons West”.
- Richard Bell, PhD, Professor of History, Author, will present three lectures: “The Fire of Frederick Douglass”, the “The Long Goodbye: The American Revolution in Britain”, and “Fire! The Inside Story of the Boston Massacre”.
- Lauren Strauss, Professor of Modern Jewish History and Culture, will present two lectures: “The Story of the Jewish Text, from Scroll to Codex to Salvaged Survivors of Genocide – Part II”, and “The Life and Times of Josephus, a ‘Roman Jew’".
- A new exercise class starts this catalog – “Yogalates” with exercise instructor Gail Sander.
Looking forward to seeing you often in our Fall classes.
- Registration & Website Info
- Registration is now open for selected Fall classes. Please visit our registration page to view and register for classes.
- Our online webinar classes are hosted by the Zoom video conferencing platform
- Exercise & Fitness Classes - Startng September 8th
- MediaClasses- Start September 15th
- General Classes- Start September 10th
- Music Classes - Start September 9th
- Fall Classes
- September Classes are now available for registration